Table of Contents
1. Register for a permission to stay in Vietnam
2. A courtesy visit
3. Stay in contact with the ICO during your time of studying at USSH
4. Extend or modify your visa
5. Letter of introduction or certificate of student status
6. Student Card
1. Contact to the local Police (Police of district where you stay) to register for a permission to stay. This should be done just after you arrive in Vietnam. Ask your home stay family or receptionist at the hotel to help you with this matter.
2. You have to do this procedure again whenever you change your address in Vietnam. If you do not complete register procedures, you may be fined and your further visa-related requests may be denied.
1. Come to pay a courtesy visit to the International Cooperation Office (ICO) as soon as you can after you arrive in Vietnam and visit the Faculty at which you will study. (The ICO is at Room 404, Building E, No 336, Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi, see direction on the other side of this sheet).
2. Bring a copy of the front-page of your passport and the page holding your visa to the ICO. Call the ICO before you come to make an appointment.
1. Let the ICO know whenever you move to another place to stay. You can email to let us know your address as detailed as you can.
2. Let the ICO know whenever you want to go to another country so that we can check your visa status. Inform the ICO know two weeks before the end of your studying.
3. If you decide to terminate your studying because of any reason, you have to inform the ICO in order to cancel your visa. You are NOT allowed to use university-sponsored visa for other purposes which are not because of studying/researching. If you are discovered to use university-sponsored visa for other purposes, in stead of studying and researching, you will be fined.
You have to fill out the letter of request (FORM 1C) and enclose it with your passport whenever you want to submit your visa-related requests.
1. In order to extend your visa, you have to bring your passport to the ICO at least TWO weeks before its expiration. If you do this after your visa expiration, you will be fined and your requests may not be accepted.
2. In order to modify your visa from single entry into multiple entry, you have to bring your passport to the ICO. It usually takes at least TWO weeks to process your request.
3. You have to pay all the fees for your visa procedures when you submit your request as follow. The fee will be printed on your passport.
If you request a letter to introduce you to Libraries, Centers for reading materials (for Mater or PhD candidates and researcher only) or certificate of student status, please fill out the FORM 1C and bring it to the ICO. It usually takes ONE week to process your request.
As a USSH student, you are provided a Student Card for your academic and other relevant purposes during your time of studying at the University. The Student Card are prepared and provided you upon your personal 3 x 4 cm photo submission to the Office for Students Affairs through your class monitor. Should your student card is lost, you have to get a certification from your academic faculty, fill up the request form and submit these documents to the Office for Student Affairs (Room No. 408, Building E, University of Social Sciences and Humanities-Hanoi, No. 336 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi). It is your responsibility to keep your student card safety during your time of studying at the University.